The Transportation Committee will meet as needed on 2015 Meetings Dates
. Meetings will be cancelled if there is not a quorum expected, or if there are no agenda items.
Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m., in the City Hall Annex, 25 West
4th Street, 13th floor conference room. The Transportation Committee is staffed by Hilary Holmes. If you would like to receive meeting agendas via email, please email
If you are a staff person looking to bring an item to the committee, please reference the following resources.
| January 13, 2014
01/13/14 Packet - Accessible
| January 27, 2014
01/27/14 Packet - Accessible
| February 10, 2014
| February 24, 2014
02/24/14 Packet - Accessible
02/24/14 TC to PC Memo - Streetcar Feas. Study
| March 10, 2014
03/10/14 FESTEC Final Report
03/10/14 FESTEC Lit Review
03/10/14 REVISED Agenda
| March 24, 2014
||03/24/14 REVISED Agenda
| April 7, 2014
|| 04/07/14 Agenda
| April 21, 2014
04/21/14 TIGER VI Planning Grant Letters of Support
| May 5, 2014
| May 19, 2014
| June 2, 2014
| June 16, 2014
| July 14, 2014
07-14-14 Complete Streets staff report
07-14-14 Complete Streets DRAFT Design Manual
*this is a large file and may take a while to download
| July 28, 2014
| August 25, 2014
|| 08-25-14 Packet
| September 8, 2014
|| 09-08-14 Packet
| September 22, 2014
|| 09-22-14 Packet
| October 6, 2014
St Paul Bikeways Plan presentation 10-6-14
The draft Plan is available at stpaul.gov/bikeplan
| October 20, 2014
||10-20-14 TC Packet
| November 3, 2014
||11-03-14 TC Packet
| November 17, 2014
Transportation Programs public process
At the direction of the Mayor and City Council
, the Planning Commission established a Transportation Committee in 2010. The Transportation Committee advises the Planning Commission on transportation-related plans, policies, and projects.
The Transportation Committee advises the Planning Commission on transportation planning and project decisions, and creates a transparent public forum for such discussions. The committee’s work helps the Planning Commission better integrate land use and transportation decisions as they relate to zoning, neighborhood and comprehensive planning, and infrastructure investments. The Committee has been asked to:
- Implement policies and projects from the recently updated Transportation Chapter of the Comprehensive Plan. Review transportation-related zoning amendments/studies, guide new modal plans, and oversee the work of any transportation issue task forces that may be convened.
- Review proposals on large or complex Public Works projects.
- Assist in the review of land use recommendations in neighborhood and small area plans to ensure they are consistent with goals to expand multi-modal transportation options, and that any transportation recommendations are consistent with citywide plans and existing systems.
- Advise, where needed, on site plans or development concepts to ensure true transportation options.
- Review planning or design documents for consistency with “Complete Streets” approach and Universal Design guidelines.
- Engage in regional/interagency projects. Coordinate with the regional and federal governments in transportation planning, and provide guidance for priorities on funding opportunities.
The Transportation Committee consists of four Planning Commissioners, and up to eight additional community members, including people who represent the following areas of interest, or multiple interests:
- Transit, including bus and passenger rail
- Pedestrian/walkability issues
- Freight and logistics industry, including trucking, rail operations, and airports
- Accessibility representatives or persons with disabilities
- Representatives of commercial corridors (i.e., small business owners)
- Downtown or business representatives.
The non-Planning Commission members are appointed by the chair of the Planning Commission. Committee members must live or work in Saint Paul and will be appointed for a term of 3 years. The Transportation Committee currently includes the following members:
- Jim Barton
- Daniel Dunn
- Thomas Heinl
- Ian Houmas
- Olivia Jefferson
- Bill Lindeke*
- Chris Ochs*
- John Tompkins
- Jessica Treat
- Wendy Underwood*
- Jun-Li Wang*
- Anne White
Read biographies for the current Transportation Committee members.
Current Projects and Partnerships