Group Volunteer Projects
Thank you for volunteering with Saint Paul Natural Resources! Help prepare or clean up gardens, improve and maintain natural areas or pick up trash in our parks, while working together as a team. We have several large-scale, one-time volunteer projects each month during the growing season (April through October). Saint Paul Natural Resources will tailor a private volunteer project for your group to work together
Projects are typically scheduled for two hours
and are available during the work day, Monday through Friday, or Saturday mornings.
Projects must be requested at least THREE weeks prior to the requested date(s).
Project activities may include: habitat restoration, planting native species, planting gardens, removal of invasive species, mulching, brush hauling, litter removal, and other special projects in natural areas.
How to Get Involved
Group Volunteer Project Requirements
All groups must meet the following requirements:
- Meet Group Volunteer Project Requirements (see below)
- Submit a project APPLICATION
- Plan project with volunteer coordinator and your group
Groups with youth volunteers (under 18) must meet the above requirements AND the following additional requirements:
- Have a minimum of 10 people - for groups of less than 10, please join one of our one-time volunteer events.
- Submit application at least three weeks prior to the requested date(s).
- Agree to sign our Group Cancellation Policy (coming soon).
- Understand that the volunteer project will take place rain or shine, but may be canceled for severe weather. More information regarding weather can be found in the Group Cancellation Policy.
- Volunteers need to be in fifth grade or older.
- Meet the Saint Paul Natural Resources youth-to-adult ratio requirements
- Grades 5-8: 10 students to 1 adult
- Grades 9-12: 15 students to 1 adult
- Understand that your group or organization is responsible for youth participating in the project at all times.
- Collect parental/guardian consent that allows youth under the age of 18 to participate in events such as a Saint Paul Natural Resources volunteer project.
||Affinity Plus Credit Union
||Century College Upward Bound
|Degree of Honor/Power of We
|Friends of the Mississippi River
||Globe Education Network
||Great River Greening
|Great River School
||Guardian Angels Church
||Lumen Christi Catholic Community
|Mississippi River Fund
||Mounds Park Academy
||Off-duty Fire SCUBA Group
|Open World Learning Community
||Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District
||River's Edge Academy
|Saint Paul Garden Club
||St. Thomas More
to volunteer news and updates emails.
Contact the volunteer coordinator at
Looking for something else?
Current Volunteer Resources