Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
Police Impound Lot

Saint Paul Police Department Impound Lot
830 Barge Channel RD. St.Paul, MN 55107 
(off of Concord St. and Hwy. 52)
Phone: 651-292-6005 or 651-266-5630 Fax: 651-298-4938

Open 8am to 10pm daily

Click here for:

Impound Fees as of 2/12/14:
  • First day $150.68**  
  • $15 each additional day starting at midnight.
    ** Regular Police Impounds only, this is not Snow Emergency pricing. 
        See Snow Emergency tab for Snow Tow info.

Accepted forms of payment:
  • Cash
  • Credit/Debit

What you need to get a vehicle out of Impound:

1.     Proof of Ownership: Title, Bill of Sale or Lease Agreement
2.     Valid Photo ID* or Driver's License (a valid DL is needed to drive the car from the lot)
3.     Proof of current insurance on the vehicle you are picking up
4.     Payment of all towing and storage fees

*Accepted forms of ID- State issued ID, Permit or Drivers License, Passport, Military ID or Consulate ID.   

If you are not the registered owner you will need:
- Personal Vehicle - A notarized letter with a copy of the owners photo ID.
- Rental or Company owned vehicle - The company must be notified by the driver and will only be released with faxed authorization from the company.
- Repossession - An Affidavit of Repossession (or Writ of Replevin) and a lien holder's card are required in order to release a vehicle to a lien holder or their authorized representative- NO EXCEPTIONS!


These are vehicles with 5 or more unpaid parking violations, the owner of the vehicle must pay all fines for the tickets at the Violations Bureau (651-266-9202) and bring an "OK TO RELEASE FROM IMPOUND" stamped receipt before we can release the vehicle.

Unwanted Vehicles:

My car was stolen and towed to the impound lot and I do not want it anymore. Can I just leave it there?

Yes. "Junk Left to City" (JLTC) is a situation in which the owner no longer wants his/her vehicle and decides that they would like to turn the title and keys for the vehicle over to the city. No fees will be assessed to you for the impoundment of the vehicle if you junk it to the city. But you must still pay any and all tickets on the vehicle with the violations bureau.

Can I get my personal property out of my car before I leave it there?

No. "Junk Left to City" does not give the owner permission to remove personal property. All the impound fees must be paid in full before personal property can be removed.

FAQ's  Click here for FAQ's flyer

Q: Can i get my vehicle towed out if I don't have Insurance?

A: No, all vehicles registered for road use in Minnesota must be insured per MN state Statues Chapter 65B and Chapter 169.

Q: Can I get my vehicle out of impound if I don't have a valid Driver's license?
A: Yes, but you must have 1 valid driver with you (that drove you here) and get the vehicle towed out or have 2 valid drivers with you 1 driver to bring you here and 1 to drive your vehicle out of impound.

Impound Lot Automobile Auction

Check out our auction page for our Scrap/parts auctions!!!

Next Scheduled Auction
 Thursday December 17th
@830 Barge Channel Rd
11:30 AM viewing, 1:00 PM auction


Impound Lot
830 Barge Channel Road,
Saint Paul, MN 55107
(651) 292 - 6005

Snow Lot
1129 Cathlin Street,
Saint Paul, MN 55108
(651) 603 - 6895

For information on our auctions call 651-266-5757.

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus