Police Impound Lot
Saint Paul Police Department Impound Lot
830 Barge Channel RD. St.Paul, MN 55107
(off of Concord St. and Hwy. 52)
Phone: 651-292-6005 Fax: 651-298-4938
Open Everyday from 8:00am to 10:00pm
Impound Fees as of 2/12/14:
- First day $150.68**
- $15 each additional day starting at midnight.
Police Impounds only, this is not Snow Emergency
See Snow Emergency tab for Snow Tow info.
Accepted forms of payment:
- Checks- All checks are subject to approval by management.
What you need to get a vehicle out of Impound:
1. Proof of Ownership: Title, Bill of Sale or Lease Agreement
2. Valid Photo ID* or Driver's License (a valid DL is needed to drive the car from the lot)
3. Proof of current insurance on the vehicle you are picking up
4. Payment of all towing and storage fees
*Accepted forms of ID- State issued ID, Permit or Drivers License, Passport, Military ID or Consulate ID.
If you are not the registered owner you will need:
- Personal Vehicle - A notarized letter with a copy of the owners photo ID.
- Rental or Company owned vehicle - The company must be notified by the driver and will only be released with faxed authorization from the company.
- Repossession - An Affidavit of Repossession (or Writ of Replevin) and a lien holder's card are required in order to release a vehicle to a lien holder or their authorized representative- NO EXCEPTIONS!
These are vehicles with 5 or more unpaid parking violations, the owner of the vehicle must pay all fines for the tickets at the Violations Bureau (651-266-9202) and bring an "OK TO RELEASE FROM IMPOUND" stamped receipt before we can release the vehicle.
My car was stolen and towed to the impound lot and I do not want it anymore. Can I just leave it there?
Yes. "Junk Left to City" (JLTC) is a situation in which the owner no longer wants his/her vehicle and decides that they would like to turn the title and keys for the vehicle over to the city. No fees will be assessed to you for the impoundment of the vehicle if you junk it to the city. But you must still pay any and all tickets on the vehicle with the violations bureau.
Can I get my personal property out of my car before I leave it there?
No. "Junk Left to City" does not give the owner permission to remove personal property. All the impound fees must be paid in full before personal property can be removed.
Impound Lot Automobile Auction
Next Scheduled Auction
***Thursday March 13th***
@1129 Cathlin St
11:30 AM viewing, 1:00 PM auction
830 Barge Channel Road,
Saint Paul, MN 55107
(651) 292 - 6005
1129 Cathlin Street,
Saint Paul, MN 55108
(651) 603 - 6895
For information on our auctions call 651-266-5757.