Tanning Facility License
This license is for a location, place, area, structure, or business, or part thereof, which provides consumers access to tanning equipment. Tanning Facility includes, but is not limited to, tanning salons, health clubs, apartments or condominiums, regardless of whether a fee is charged for access to the tanning equipment.
If you have questions, contact DSI at (651) 266-8989 or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 380 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about tanning facilities.
You must submit the following:
- Class R City License Application
- The following information:
- Description of the portion of the building to be used as a tanning facility
- Type of business the tanning facility is operating in conjunction with (if applicable)
- List of tanning equipment (manufacturer's name, model number, type: booth, bed, canopy, etc., year manufactured, number in establishment)
- Required Fees
This license requires inspection approvals from Environmental Health (Ph: (651) 266-8989), Licensing (Ph: (651) 266-8989) and Zoning (Ph: (651) 266-9008).
|License - per location, per year
|Environmental Plan Review
|Environmental Change of Ownership
A Tanning Facility License expires one year from the date of issuance and may be renewed annually.