Liquor - On Sale License
This license is for the sale of liquor by the glass for consumption on the premises where sold. A Restaurant License
is required in conjunction with all new Liquor - On Sale Licenses except in the Downtown Development District
. Liquor establishments must be more than 300 feet from churches and schools.
If you have questions, contact a DSI Project Facilitator at (651) 266-9103, or email the DSI Message Center
See Chapter 409
of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about on sale liquor licenses.
You must submit the following:
- Class N City License Application
- Liquor License Application Requirements
- Proof of Saint Paul Restaurant License
- A Certificate of Insurance with Liquor liability in the amounts of $50,000 per person; bodily injury, $100,000 more than one person; bodily injury, $10,000 property destruction, $50,000/$100,000 for loss of means of support
- One of the following:
- A lease/rental agreement with a letter of permission from the landlord to allow this type of licensed business on the premises unless specified in the lease
- A copy of the lease, purchase agreement, and/or bill of sale of the property with specific permission allowing this type of licensed business
- A copy of the lease, purchase agreement, and/or bill of sale of the business
- A copy of the corporate Articles of Incorporation
- Two completed original State of Minnesota Liquor Applications Federal and State Income Tax Returns for the past three years
- A site plan
- Required fee
This license requires inspection approvals from the Saint Paul Fire Department
[Ph: (651) 228-6230], Environmental Health [Ph: (651) 266-8989], Licensing, [Ph: (651) 266-8989], and Zoning [Ph: (651) 266-9008].
|100 seats or less
|291 or more seats
A Liquor - On Sale License will expire one year from date of issuance (or expire with Liquor Liability expiration date) and may be renewed annually.