Liquor - Off Sale License
This license is for the sale of liquor in original packages in retail stores for consumption off or away from the premises where sold. Off Sale Liquor establishments must be more than a half mile apart, and must be more than 300 feet from property zoned as residential, churches, schools, parks, and licensed child care centers.
If you have questions, contact a DSI Project Facilitator at (651) 266-9103, or email the DSI Message Center
See Chapter 409
of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about off sale liquor licenses.
Effective January 15, 2003 CF02-1025: The distance requirement (2,640 feet) between off sale liquor stores can not be waived.
You must submit the following:
- Class N City License Application
- Liquor License Application Requirements
- A Certificate of Insurance with Liquor liability in the amounts of $50,000 per person; bodily injury, $100,000 more than one person; bodily injury, $10,000 property destruction, $50,000/$100,000 for loss of means of support
- One of the following:
- A lease/rental agreement with a letter of permission from the landlord to allow this type of licensed business on the premises unless specified in the lease
- A copy of the lease, purchase agreement, and/or bill of sale of the property with specific permission allowing this type of licensed business
- A copy of the lease, purchase agreement, and/or bill of sale of the business
- A copy of the corporate Articles of Incorporation
- Two completed original State of Minnesota Liquor Applications
- Federal and State Income Tax Returns for the past three years
- A Zoning Business Application (should include site plan and floor plan)
- Required fee
This license requires inspection approvals from the Saint Paul Fire Department
[Ph: (651) 228-6230], Environmental Health [Ph: (651) 266-8989], Licensing, [Ph: (651) 266-8989], and Zoning [Ph: (651) 266-9008].
You will be required to obtain a Buyers Card ($20) through the State of Minnesota, Liquor Control Division
at 444 Cedar Street, Suite 100L in Saint Paul. You can also call them at (651) 201-7510.
The annual fee for a Liquor - Off Sale License is $1,087.00 per location.
A Liquor - Off Sale License will expire one year from date of issuance (or expire with Liquor Liability expiration date) and may be renewed annually.