Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
Dance / Rental Hall License

A public dance hall is any room, place, or space open to general public patronage, in which dancing is carried on and wherein the public may participate, whether or not a charge for admission for dancing is made. A public dance is one which is or may be attended by the public generally, whether or not a charge for admission for dancing is made.

A dance hall license is not required for a dance to be conducted on the campus of a bona fide elementary or secondary school, vocational or trade school, college or university, or like educational institutions. However, other licenses (i.e., Special Event Food, Temporary Liquor / Malt Licenses, etc.) may be required.

A rental hall is hereby defined to be any building, room, premises, facility, or portion thereof which is available for use by any person upon the payment of a fee.

Code Requirements

See Chapter 405 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about dance halls.

Application Requirements

You must submit the following:


This license requires inspection approvals from the Saint Paul Fire Department (Ph: (651) 266-8989), Licensing (Ph: (651) 266-8989), and Zoning (Ph: (651) 266-9008).


The annual fee for a Dance / Rental Hall License is $178.00 per location. This fee is waived for governmental agencies.


A Dance / Rental Hall License will expire one year from date of issuance and may be renewed annually.

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus