Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
Victim Information
The resources on this page have been compiled to assist those who have been victims of crime and and are looking for ways to protect themselves from being further targeted by criminals. Persons who have been victimized can take proactive steps recommended by the agencies below to prevent identity theft, scams, or other fraud. Not all crime can be prevented. However, individual vigilance can go a long way. If you have reported a crime to the Saint Paul Police Department, you will be contacted by the investigative unit handling your crime. In many cases, there is no information for investigators to follow up. This does not mean your case will be closed and forgotten. Investigators will retain your case, and if additional information is developed the case will become active. Should you develop additional information about your case, please call the investigative unit working your case.

Rights & Services for All Crime Victims
  • You have the right to apply for financial help for losses resulting from a violent crime. This assistance does not cover property losses. For application and information, call (651) 201-7300, or outside the Twin Cities area, call (888) 622-8799; TTD (651) 205-4827.
  • You have the right to request the law enforcement agency withhold public access to data revealing your identity. The law enforcement agency will decide if this is possible.
  • You have the right, if an offender is charged, to be informed of and participate in the prosecution process, including the right to request restitution (money court ordered from the offender and paid to the victim).
If you feel your rights as a victim have been violated, call the State of Minnesota Crime Victim Justice Office at (651) 201-7300, (888) 622-8799; or TTD (651) 205-4827. If you do not understand your rights or anything printed here, call one of the phone numbers listed below. Someone will help you.

Victims of Domestic Assault
  • You can ask the City or County Attorney to file a criminal complaint
  • You also have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting an Order For Protection from domestic abuse. The order could include the following:
    • An order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse
    • An order directing the abuser to leave your household
    • An order preventing the abuser from entering your home, school, business or place of employment
    • An order rewarding you or the other parent custody of or visitation with your minor child or children
    • An order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children if the abuser has a court order to do so
  • You also have the right to notification if the prosecution of the case is declined or criminal charges are dismissed.

Property Loss Form
Victims of property crimes can list property on this form but only after speaking with an officer and receiving a case number. This form only supplements the original police report written by a Saint Paul Police Officer. This form will not be accepted if an original police report was not written.

Once you've received a case number from the officer, please print and complete the property loss form, and mail it to:

Saint Paul Police Department
Records Unit
367 Grove St.
Saint Paul, MN 55101
Fx: (651) 266-5711

Additional Services For Victims

Agencies & Organizations

Phone Number

Asian Women United of Minnesota (Crisis Line) (651) 646-2261
Legal Advocacy (651) 646-2118
Assistance for Domestic Assault Victims (Shelter) (651) 222-5836
Casa de Esperanza (Shelter) (651) 772-1611
Centro Legal, Incl. (651) 642-1890
City Attorney’s Office (651) 266-8740

Community University Health Care Center (Victim Advocacy) (612) 627-6888 x280
Council on Crime and Justice (24-hr crime victim hotline) (612) 340-5400
County Attorney's Office (651) 266-3222
Crime Victim Reparations Board (651) 201-7300
Cross Streets Mobile Crisis Team (651) 771-0076
Domestic Abuse Office (Orders for Protection) (651) 266-5130
Father’s Resources Center (651) 290-4709
Field Referral Unit (non-arrest police follow-up) (651) 266-8740
Gay & Lesbian Comm. Action Council (Legal Advocacy) (612) 822-0127
Gay & Lesbian Domestic Violence Crisis Line (24 hrs.) (612) 824-8434
Hate / Bias Crime or Incident (651) 610-9378
Regions Hospital (651) 221-3456
Emergency (651) 221-2121
Sexual Offense Services (651) 643-3006
Saint Paul Intervention - Domestics (24 hr legal advocacy) (651) 645-2824
Statewide Referral Services (24 hr toll-free) (800) 247-0390
TTD (651) 297-2100
Survivor Resources (Violent Deaths) (651) 266-5674
Women's Advocates (Shelter) (651) 227-8284

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus