As Ford's former Twin Cities Assembly Plant is redeveloped in the coming years, a 21st Century Community will emerge on the more than 125 acres of land situated along the Mississippi River. Saint Paul residents have spoken loud and clear: this site will be a livable, mixed use neighborhood that looks to the future with clean technologies and high quality design for energy, buildings and infrastructure. This site will support walking, biking and transit, and provide services, jobs and activities that every generation can enjoy. A 21st Century Community is about to unfold.
To find out the latest on the 21st Century Community, please click here.
** See Site Demolition for information on Ford site decommissioning **
Additional information about the Ford Site project is available below and in links to the left.
Tentative Ford Project Timeline
(includes key project activities described on these web pages)
Key reports issued for this project include:
- Phase I Planning - Five Redevelopment Scenarios for the Ford Site
- Ford Site Green Manufacturing Reuse Study
- Sustainable Stormwater Feasibility Report for the Ford Plant Site
- Roadmap to Sustainability for the Saint Paul Ford Site -- Full Report
and Exec Summary
- Ford Site Open Space Guidelines