In August, September and October 2014, S.E.H a contractor working for the Sewer Utility will smoke test another portion of the City's sanitary sewer system. Please see the attached Project Area Map and Smoke Testing Notice that have been mailed to residents and property owners. This project is anticipated to be completed in August.
This project will address about a 1375-acre area and include such areas as those surrounding Mississippi River Blvd (Lincoln to Marshall), I-94 (Cretin to Hamline), Hamline (Saint Clair to I-94), and Saint Clair (Mississippi River Blvd to Hamline).
Effective communication with affected residents/property owners is critical to the success of this project. To that end, the following means of communication will be employed:
1. Initial Public Notice - By Mail (includes: Notice, and Project Area Map)
2. Automated Phone Call to residents/property owners notifying them of the mailing and public informational meeting.
3. Public Info Meeting (open house) on July 28, 2014 from 4:30 TO 7:00 P.M. at Merriam Park Recreation Center, 2000 Saint Anthony Ave (Saint Anthony & Wilder).
4. Door Hanger Placement (to be placed approximately two to three days before testing occurs).
5. Automated Phone Call - A second automated phone call is to be placed 24 to 48 hours prior to smoke testing work beginning.
Also, close coordination with the St. Paul Fire Department is also essential to address the potential for false fire alarms.They will be updated on a reqular basis.
The Smoke Testing Crew chief can be contacted @ (651) 238-0572 if any simulated smoke is reported in a building.