Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
House Sewer Contractor License
General Information

Any person engaged in the business of building or repairing that portion of the house or building sewer extending from the property line to the main sewer or other outlet.

Permit applications can be obtained from the Hydraulics Division of Saint Paul Public Works.

Code Requirements

See Chapter 338 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about house sewer contractors.

Application Requirements

Prior to application, an appointment should be made to meet with Saint Paul Public Works for approval.

You must submit the following:

  • A completed Class R City License Application
  • $10,000.00 License and Permit Bond
  • Certificate of Insurance: Public Liability coverage in the amount of $250,000 per person and $500,000 per accident; $150,000 to a maximum of $200,000 property damage. The City of Saint Paul must be named as an additional insured, and there must be a 30-day notice of cancellation.
  • The required fee

If you have questions, contact DSI at (651) 266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.


The annual fee for a House Sewer Contractor License is $178.00 per location.


A House Sewer Contractor License will expire one year from date of issuance and may be renewed annually.

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus