Prescription Drug Crimes
POST # 6209-0-1032
Date: December 6, 2012
Location: St. Paul Police Department
West District Community Room
389 N. Hamline Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Instructor: P. Ritch Wagner-Perdue Pharma LP
Post: 7 Credits
Cost: $ 40.00
The Saint Paul Police Department Professional Development Institute is co-sponsoring with Perdue Pharma LP a 1-day course in PRESCRIPTION DRUG CRIMES.
This course is a basic introduction into an area of drug enforcement which is not typically taught to law enforcement officers. At the end of the class, attendees will have
- a basic introduction into the classes of prescription drugs and specific active ingredients most desired for abuse and street resale.
- a basic understanding of the legitimate uses for these same medications by legitimate patients.
- identified those groups, professions and businesses most often targeted by abusers and street dealers for access to the drugs.
- identified the general classifications of crimes committed on those targets to get the drugs.
- an understanding of the importance of cooperation between jurisdictions and agencies in the investigation of these offenses.
- been provided resource information (printed materials, professional associations, non law enforcement and law enforcement agencies, websites, etc) to more effectively combat prescription drug crime.
Go to: www.stpaul.gov/PDI to browse our website and click “Register Here” in the right margin fill out the registration form. If you have any questions, please call SPPD-PDI @ (651) 266-5652 or email: