Professional Development Institute
6-18-22-Technical Crash Investigator-June -2012.doc
Use of Force Instructor Certification
The Use of Force Instructor Certification by SPPD-PDI will change significantly this year based on the feedback of participants in 2012. The certification process will involve a series of courses to be taken over an extended period of time in 2013. The intention of this is to "dramatically" improve the skill level of the participants while alleviating an agency's burden of losing an officer for more than 2 weeks at one time.
Here is what the Program will look like.
1. Instructor Development: Building Warriors and Leaders Course - April 25-26, 2013
2. L.E.A.D.S. (Law Enforcement Active Diffusion Strategies) Course - Lt Kevin Dillon
Dates: March 20, April 10 or 11 or 12, June 18 or 19 or 20, July 9 or 10 or 11
3. L.O.C.K.U.P. Instructor Certification Course - Week 1 - June 17-21
4. Report Writing for Use of Force - TBD
5. Baton Instructor Course - TBD
2- Day Course
6. Chemical Subject Restraint Instructor Course - TBD
7. Firearm Instructor Course - September 16-20
5- Day Course
L.O.C.K.U.P. Instructor Certification Course - $655.00
All Other Courses - $655.00
Total Cost of Use of Force Certification: $1,310.00
Please e-mail Sgt Ed Lemon: for more information or to enroll.