Getting a Job With Right Track and Program Eligibility
To be eligible for Right Track you must be:
1) Ages 14 – 21 (must be a current sophomore or junior for YJ02)
A Saint Paul resident
3) From a low-income family (income guidelines) or have a barrier to employment.
Right Track YJ02 features professional internships in office settings for youth who meet these criteria:
1) are going into 11th or 12th grade
2) have worked a job beofre or submit a teacher/counselor recommendation form
Right Track interns may be required to provide documentation of their eligibility including household income, age, residency, etc. upon request.
Getting a Job with Right Track
1. Applications must be submitted online at www.stpaul.gov/jobs between February 17-March 14, 2014.
2. Watch your mail
If you are eligible to work with Right Track in summer 2014, you will receive information via mail and email about the Right Track Youth Jobs Expo. Applicants who are eligible for YJ02 Internships will receive additional information about that program.
3. Attend the Right Track Youth Jobs Expo
Be sure to bring copies of your resume and dress professionally.
4. Select jobs online using the Right Track YJ01 Job Bank
5. Complete new employee payroll packet
Potential employers may contact you for interviews. Check your email and voicemail often and respond promptly to calls.
6. Complete new employee payroll packet
Attend a session to complete your payroll packet. You’ll need to have a current photo ID and your original social security card or birth certificate.
7. Begin working
Most youth will work for 10 weeks during the summer beginning June 16.
Please note that submitting an application for Right Track does not guarantee you employment. We receive many more applications than we have jobs available.
STAY CONNECTED: Facebook, Twitter, or email