Right of Way Permit Desk
899 Dale Street North
Ph: (651) 266-6151
Fx: (651) 266-9765
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday
Permits are required for blasting in the city of Saint Paul. View city of Saint Paul Legislative Code Chapter 227
and Minnesota State Statute Section 299F.74
for requirements to apply for and obtain a permit to blast in the city. Permit requirements include:
- Applicant must contact Gopher State One Call and request locates for all utilities.
- Applicant must provide bond and insurance requirements per Saint Paul Legislative Code Chapter 227.
- A completed and signed application with a map/plan showing blast locations.
- Seismic monitoring must be provided. Waiver requests may be submitted.
- Televising and video tape of sewers may be required before and after blasting.
- A "User Permit" must be granted by the Saint Paul Police Ordinance Disposal Unit.
- Approved sign-off sheets for city departments and private utilities must be completed.
- All fees must be paid before a permit will be granted.
Contact the Right of Way Permit Desk to discuss details, provide insurance information and apply for permits.