Explore Saint Paul's regional parks through geocaching! Geocaching is an outdoor
treasure hunting game using GPS devices or GPS-enabled mobile phones. Natural Resources
staff hides caches monthly from May through October with activities designed to
encourage learning and exploration of regional parks. Participants who successfully
navigate to the provided GPS coordinates, find the cache, and complete the activity
described inside are entered in a monthly prize drawing.
Nature Geocache 2013: Art in Nature
inspired many people throughout history to draw, write poetry, dance, sculpt, and more.
This year's Nature Geocache theme, Art in Nature, will encourage participants to see
their surroundings with new eyes in cache activities and prizes. Be prepared to explore
your inner artist!
Materials Needed for Participation
How to Play the Game
- GPS coordinates (provided below on the first of each
- Smartphone or GPS receiver
- Paper and writing utensil for activity completion
- Clothing and footwear appropriate for off-trail use
Nature Geocache Prize Drawings
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache in your smartphone or GPS and navigate to that
location. You may want to enter the coordinates in a mapping website like Google Maps to determine which park the cache is in. The cache may or may not be located near a trail and is well-camouflaged. Please note: the cache box is new and more difficult to find. Click here if you would like to know what it looks like. There may be blue flagging
that will indicate that you are near the cache.
- Once you find the cache, complete the activity described inside, making sure to record your work on
- Return all materials to the cache container and
place the cache back in its original location for the next participant.
- Fill out the Nature Geocache Form with your
contact information and activity results to enter the prize
drawing. One entry per month per
One entry will be drawn at random per month. In addition, all entries will be entered
into a grand prize drawing at the end of the Nature Geocache season. Participants
receive one grand prize drawing entry for each month s/he participated. Be sure to
participate each month to maximize your chances at winning the grand
prize! Prize winners will be announced on the
website. The grand prize winner must claim the prize in
Congratulations to our monthly prize drawing winners!
May: Karlin Hofelman
June: Etienne Reyes
July: David Colborn
August: Ashton Anderson
September: Laura Larson
October: Arthur Hofelman
Congratulations to our Grand Prize winner: Maja Reyes!
Prize winners will receive instructions via email to claim their prizes. Thanks for participating in the 2013 Art in Nature Geocache program!
October 2013 Nature
- N 44° 54.573 W 93° 11.545
- Please note: Stay on established, official trails to avoid disturbing the soil and vegetation in this sensitive natural area. You should not have to take more than one large step off a well-established trail to reach the October cache.
Found the Cache? Fill out
the Nature Geocache Form to enter the monthly prize
Faith Krogstad, Education Coordinator, at or
Good luck and have