The Entrepreneurial Accelerator:
The Entrepreneurial Accelerator Stakeholders:
- Is one of the five integrated regional economic development strategies listed in the Minneapolis Saint Paul Metro Business Plan
- Will use our core strengths to stimulate the formation and growth of new businesses across industries
- Is still under development
Entrepreneurial Accelerator Timing
- Are a local group of entrepreneurs, investors and economic development professionals
- Will determine how the action plan will build on existing regional assets to increase economic activity, attract more outside capital and create new jobs
A three phase plan is in place to bring the Entrepreneurial Accelerator to life over the next 18 to 24 months. The stakeholder group work will be accomplished in three phases.
Entrepreneurial Accelerator Links
- Phase I (November 2010-January 2011): Evaluation and synthesis of research data and direct feedback from our entrepreneurial and investor community, by way of one-on-one interviews, focus groups and large community meetings.
- Phase II (January 2011-June 2011): Findings and feedback from Phase I will be incorporated into the Entrepreneurial Accelerator action plan. National and regional foundation support will be solicited to fund these strategies. Federal funding support will follow (May 2011-2012).
- Phase III (August 2011-July 2012): Execution of the action plan and monitoring and reporting of success metrics.
Read Accelerate MSP
– a description of a new regional entrepreneurship accelerator.
January 19 and 20, 2011: JumpStart Community Gathering
- Group discussions to bring together people interested in entrepreneurship and starting or funding new businesses to determine how best to enhance our entrepreneurial environment.
Learn more and register here