Options for Proper Disposal:
|Electronic products containing a circuit board or cathode ray tube (CRT) such as a T.V. or computer monitor cannot be placed in the garbage because they contain hazardous materials such as lead, cadmium and mercury. These hazardous materials are harmful to human health and the environment.
- Take-back Programs: Some manufacturers and retailers will take back your old electronics for recycling. Some such as Hewlett Packard even offer cash back.
- Free recycling at:
- Best Buy | Roseville | 1643 County Rd. B2 | 651-746-0538
- Best Buy | Maplewood | 1795 County Rd. D | 763-704-1901
- PCs for People | 1481 Marshall Ave. St. Paul | 651-354-2552
- Tech Dump I 698 Prior Ave. N., Saint Paul I 651-556-4460
- Exchange Programs: If is still works, give it away on the Twin Cities Free Market
- Recycling Companies: For a fee, you can drop off your old electronics for recycling. Check with each company for their rates and services.
- Resource Recovery Technologies | 195 Minnehaha Ave. Saint Paul | 651-228-1324
- Twin City Refuse & Recycling Transfer Station | 318 Water St., Saint Paul | 651-227-1549
- Community Clean Up Events: Drop off electronics for a nominal fee at your neighborhood clean up event. Clean up events are scheduled May through October each year.
For more recycling opportunities, visit Ramsey County’s electronics recycling webpage or call the Ramsey County Hotline at 651-633-3279 (EASY).
Additionally, Como Park Zoo and Conservatory is partnering with the Saint Paul Public Libraries to make recycling your cell phone even easier! You may drop off your unwanted cell phone and accessories at all 13 Saint Paul Public Library locations.
|Cell Phone Recycling
Como Zoo has a permanent collection point for unwanted cell phones. All cell phones collected are sent to Eco-Cell for recycling and Como Zoo will receive funds for each phone donated. The funds raised will go to conservation projects that help preserve one of the most critically endangered species on earth, the Orangutan. Drop off your unwanted cell phone in the collection boxes located in the Visitor Center and Primate Building.
Visit Ramsey County's A to Z Guide
or call the Ramsey County Hotline at 651-633-3279 (EASY) for more information.