9. Reporting for or Waiving Employment
An eligible removed from a list in accordance with this Section may be restored to such list at any time during the life of the list for any reason for which a waiver after certification would be accepted, provided a satisfactory reason is given why the eligible did not file a waiver before their name was removed.
However, the Human Resources Director may permit eligibles to waive appointment for the following reasons only:
- If the appointment being offered is temporary or part-time only; however, for the purpose of this section the position of Driver-Operator shall not be considered temporary or part-time.
- If the appointment being offered is for a position other than that for which the eligible was specifically examined.
- If, because of sickness, physical disability or otherwise, the eligible at the time of receiving the appointment is not reasonably able to report.
- If an eligible on a promotion list is certified to a department other than the one in which they are employed, but such eligible thereafter shall be certified only to the department in which they are employed.
- If an eligible on a promotion list is certified to a position in the department in which they are employed, but such eligible shall be allowed only one such waiver.
If the employee has waived promotion for any of the reasons stated above, and the Department in which they are employed is reducing the number of positions in the class/classes affected by the waiver so as to adversely affect the employee's chances of promotion, they may retract their waiver with the approval of the Human Resources Director.