Mobile Food Vehicle License
Types of Mobile Food Licenses
There are three types of mobile food licenses:
- Mobile Food Cart: A nonmotorized vehicle, such as a pushcart, that is not self-contained and must be returned daily to a commissary for supply and cleaning
- Mobile Food Vehicle: A food establishment preparing and serving foods from a self-contained vehicle, either motorized or within a trailer. Food items are limited by the equipment within the vehicle. A separate commissary is not required.
- Nonprofit: A mobile food vehicle that is licensed by or for a nonprofit organization
For more information, view the Mobile Food Vehicle
information packet. If you have questions, contact DSI at (651) 266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center
See Chapter 331A
of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about mobile food.
You must submit the following:
This license requires inspection approvals from Environmental Health [Ph: (651) 266-9140] and these inspections are available year round.
Expiration & Renewal
Fee Per Year
|Mobile Food Cart
|Mobile Food Vehicle
A Mobile Food License expires one year from date of issue and may be renewed annually.
Whom do I contact to request approval to sell at specific locations?
Ph: (651) 265-4800
- State Capitol Grounds (Minnesota Department of Administration, Facilities Management Bureau, Plant Management Division)
Ph: (651) 296-6404
- Saint Paul, Division of Parks and Recreation
Ph: (651) 266-6400
For Use of Street Permits, contact the Department of Public Works at (651) 487-7250.