A Garage Sale is defined as the sale of second hand goods where all of the following requirements are met:
- The sale is held on property occupied as a dwelling by the seller or owned, rented or leased by a charitable or political organization;
- The items offered for sale are owned by the occupant;
- That no sale exceeds a period of seventy-two (72) consecutive hours;
- That no more than three (3) sales are held in any calendar year;
- That none of the items offered for sale shall have been purchased for resale or received on consignment for purpose of resale.
A license is not required to conduct a Garage Sale.
More than three sales requires a Second Hand Dealer - Single License. NOTE: This license cannot be issued to a residential dwelling.
If you have questions, contact DSI at (651) 266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.