Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
Amusement Ride License

Businesses that charge the public for use of their amusement rides must have an Amusement Ride License.

If you have questions, contact DSI at (651) 266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.

Application Requirements

You must submit the following:

  • Class R City License Application (for Annual License) 
  • Class T City License Application (for Temporary License)
  • Minnesota Tax Identification Number
  • Proof of electrical permit for temporary applicants
  • Certificate of Insurance
  • $1,500,000 public liability coverage for injuries or damages to persons or property
  • Must have the City of Saint Paul named as an additional insured and a 10-day notice of cancellation
  • Required fee


This license requires approvals from Electrical Inspections (Ph: (651) 266-9003) and Licensing (Ph: (651) 266-8989).


The fee for an Annual Amusement Ride License is $72.00 per location. The fee for a Temporary Amusement Ride License is $27.00 per event.


An Annual Amusement Ride License expires with the insurance expiration date and may be renewed. A Temporary Amusement Ride License is valid only for the date(s) of the specific event.

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus