Saint Paul Minnesota The most livable city in America.
Go To Search
Application Requirements

You must submit the following:

Who Can Apply?

Owners / Homesteaders

Owners / HomesteadersOwners / homesteaders may apply for a refrigeration permit for a single-family dwelling if you meet all of the following conditions:
  • You own the property
  • You legally homestead the property
  • You perform the gas burner / oil burner work yourself

Owners / homesteaders of duplexes must be living in the half / side of the duplex where the gas burner / oil burner work will be performed.

If you are the owner of a single-family dwelling or duplex and do not homestead the portion you are working in, you can not apply for a gas burner / oil burner permit. (A homesteader occupies the dwelling unit and is registered as the homesteader in Ramsey County. To file for homestead, contact Ramsey County Homestead at (651) 266-2100.)


Gas burner / oil burner permits for all properties other than owners / homesteaders' property must be obtained by a City of Saint Paul licensed gas burner / oil burner contractor. If a contractor has been hired, that licensed gas burner / oil burner contractor is responsible for obtaining the permit and complying with code requirements.

Home | Contact | Site Map | Accessibility | Disability Access | Policies & Practices | Copyright Notices | Powered by CivicPlus