Permits will be issued subject to the following conditions:
- Fee: $10 for groups less than 10 people; $25 for groups of more than 10 people.
- Permits request deadlines: Mailed requests must be received five days in advance. In person or phone requests with payment may be made up to the start time of the permit.
- Cancellations must be made prior to the date of permit. No refunds are issued for $10 permits. For $25 permits, the refund amount will be reduced to $15.
- Rain dates will be granted if the Park Permit Office is contacted before the end of the day of the date of reservation.
- Does not allow bearer to use the site in an indiscriminate manner; for commercial collecting; unusual alteration or abuse of resources (for example: overzealous use of hammer and chisel); use of mechanical extraction methods (employing hydraulic, electrical or air power); or retention of known or suspect material of scientific value or unusual quality.
- The permit may be revoked at the discretion of the Director of Parks and Recreation or his/her authorized agent at any time during the use of this City of Saint Paul facility.
- The park user at all times warrants that full and adequate adult supervision will be provided for any minor persons that park user brings into Lilydale Park for fossil hunting.
- The park user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Saint Paul from any and all claims of whatever kind or nature that may arise while the park user and/or persons acting under the auspices and control are on said property pursuant to the permit issued.
- As part of said indemnification, the park user fully acknowledges that some of the conditions and locations within the Lilydale Park are hazardous to person or property and park user specifically assumes the liability of the City of Saint Paul as such claims or injuries may arise to person or property due to its unsafe conditions.